About the project
The Stone sector represents a worldwide increasing market. Within the European Union around 60,000 small and medium sized businesses work with stone in all aspects. This comprises a work force of more than 500,000 people engaged in and around stone industry with strong economic and social impacts at regional levels.
However, female workers are scarce in the stone manufacturing industry due to the lack of gender integration. Across Europe, female workers make up only 7.5% of the workforce in this industry.
– Barriers among colleagues: In a mainly traditional society, they are often undervaluated by their male coworkers.
– Intrinsicl barriers: Stone manufacturing is often seen as physically straining work which is unsuitable for women. However, this is untrue because machinery is being utilized.
– Job market barriers: Women believe that they do not have any possibility to work in this sector due to their lack of confidence. They often think that they can’t complete this type of work or that they would not be given a fair chance. But this mindset has to change.
WinSTONE Project is determined to integrate more female workers throughout the entire stone manufacturing industry by offering employment, maintaining the work relationship, and offering promotional opportunities.
In short, WinSTONE will promote professional and personal development for its female workers through strategic networking. This will allow female workers to reach their full professional potential quickly.
– Expand the current educational options.
– Increase peer- networking opportunities by coordinating venues to connect and learn.
– Develop a support system and mentorship with other women in the industry.
– Distinguish the beginners from the advanced female workers in the industry.
– Educate and promote different types of careers within the stone manufacturing industry which women may take interest in.
To achieve these goals, this project will primarily focus on the direct participants (women) and the stakeholders (vocational training centres and entrepreneurs), with the main outcomes being:
O1. A report about the need of gender equality in the stone manufacturing industry across each participating nation. This will include 300 questionnaires about unemployed women, usually discriminated against, under and over the age of 45.
O2. Establishing educational goals for the women in the stone manufacturing industry geared towards inclusivity.
O3. WinSTONE free educational resources (OER).
O4. Creating the WinSTONE Massive Open Online Course (MOOT).
O5. Implementation of the vertical action plan in the stone sector.
The project is being implemented in partnership with: DEUTSCHER NATURWERKSTEIN-VERBAND E.V (DNV) Germany, ASOCIACION EMPRESARIAL DE INVESTIGACION CENTRO TECNOLOGICODEL MARMOL Y LA PIEDRA (CTM) Spain, NATIONAL TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY OF ATHENS – NTUA Greece, INSTITUTE OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT (IED) Greece, KLESARSKA ŠKOLA Croatia.
Project website: https://winstoneproject.eu
International Winstone seminar held on 28.05.2021.
As members of the Stonemasonry school we participated in a 2.30 hour- long seminar, which was also one of the most interesting seminars we had ever been part of. The seminar consisted of so many beautiful stories that were presented… Read more…
Winstone – first international seminar (online)
We are honored and pleased to invite all our friends, partners and those interested in this topic to the first International WinStone Seminar. This seminar is part of the “Women in stone project”, you can find additional information on the link.… Read more…
First online meeting of the Winstone project
The first online meeting of the project team was held on October 14, 2020 on the Microsoft Teams platform. School Director Tamara Plastić, Croatian language teacher Josipa Martinić, practical teacher Siniša Cezar Martinić, Emil Trutanić , Introduction to Cypriot Modeling… Read more…