– Barriers among colleagues: In a mainly traditional society, they are often undervaluated by their male coworkers.
– Intrinsicl barriers: Stone manufacturing is often seen as physically straining work which is unsuitable for women. However, this is untrue because machinery is being utilized.
– Job market barriers: Women believe that they do not have any possibility to work in this sector due to their lack of confidence. They often think that they can’t complete this type of work or that they would not be given a fair chance. But this mindset has to change.
WinSTONE Project is determined to integrate more female workers throughout the entire stone manufacturing industry by offering employment, maintaining the work relationship, and offering promotional opportunities.
In short, WinSTONE will promote professional and personal development for its female workers through strategic networking. This will allow female workers to reach their full professional potential quickly.
– Expand the current educational options.
– Increase peer- networking opportunities by coordinating venues to connect and learn.
– Develop a support system and mentorship with other women in the industry.
– Distinguish the beginners from the advanced female workers in the industry.
– Educate and promote different types of careers within the stone manufacturing industry which women may take interest in.
To achieve these goals, this project will primarily focus on the direct participants (women) and the stakeholders (vocational training centres and entrepreneurs), with the main outcomes being:
O1. A report about the need of gender equality in the stone manufacturing industry across each participating nation. This will include 300 questionnaires about unemployed women, usually discriminated against, under and over the age of 45.
O2. Establishing educational goals for the women in the stone manufacturing industry geared towards inclusivity.
O3. WinSTONE free educational resources (OER).
O4. Creating the WinSTONE Massive Open Online Course (MOOT).
O5. Implementation of the vertical action plan in the stone sector.
The project is being implemented in partnership with: DEUTSCHER NATURWERKSTEIN-VERBAND E.V (DNV) Germany, ASOCIACION EMPRESARIAL DE INVESTIGACION CENTRO TECNOLOGICODEL MARMOL Y LA PIEDRA (CTM) Spain, NATIONAL TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY OF ATHENS – NTUA Greece, INSTITUTE OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT (IED) Greece, KLESARSKA ŠKOLA Croatia.
Project website: https://winstoneproject.eu